Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Coming Down the Home Stretch!

Hello All,

The last few weeks have been hectic as usual.  Report cards have gone out and parent teacher conferences have finally come to a close.  This year I am team teaching and was required to have a conference with both mine and my partner's parents.  That made for 48 conferences (really 56 because 8 did not show up and had to be rescheduled because our principal would not allow report cards to go home until parents showed up to meet with their teachers).  It was a challenge fitting in all the conferences within a two week stretch.  The last two weeks my partner and I have not had a planning period, had literally 10 minutes to eat lunch each day, and did not leave the school until 5:00 pm each night.  It was rough.  However, its over and I can put it behind me.  This week, Thanksgiving will be nice and the extra days will give me an opportunity to get caught up on grad school work, as well as, "job" school work. 

With all other assignments now completed,  full focus needs to be directed towards my final project.   I have gathered numerous resources to use for the team final paper but now must pick and choose which ones we need to use.  Once, I have plugged in papers that are relevant to aspects of my outline I think the paper will come together rather quickly.    I look forward to getting my thoughts and ideas down on paper and presenting in Dec.  My team members are great and we have been meeting regularly in Second Life, corresponding with emails, and trading documents in Google Docs.  I hope everyone has a great next few weeks and enjoys their Thanksgiving or as I like to call it "The Best Nap Day of the Year".

Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment